Our mission is to provide a safe and nurturing environment that stimulates a child’s curiosity about themselves and our world. Each child leaving Bay Montessori School has a sense of independence, self-esteem, self-confidence, self-discipline, and responsibility. The children are prepared to meet and overcome the challenges they will encounter as they continue to grow and explore their post-Montessori opportunities.
Bay Montessori staff will:
- Guide each child to reach his or her full potential in all areas of life.
- Provide an environment enriched with materials that meet the developmental needs of the child.
- Allow the child to learn at his or her own pace, educating each child as an individual.
- Promote the development of social skills, self-esteem, emotional growth and physical coordination.
- Prepare the environment, guide the child to it, and assist in the unfolding of the child’s being.
- Maintain a strong academic base while stressing life skills like problem solving, courtesy, and self-expression — thus creating happy, confident, and independent children.
- Nurture the spirit of each child by promoting creativity, harmony, respect, order, and education.